Skip to main content

Huntington Beach Union High School District

Student Services » Open Enrollment/Intradistrict Transfer Guidelines

Open Enrollment/Intradistrict Transfer Guidelines

INTRA-DISTRICT transfer is when parents/guardians wish to register/admit/enroll their student(s) at a school within the HBUHSD other than their designated "home" school.                                      

OPEN ENROLLMENT transfer refers to the window in which the district allows your student with the opportunity to register/admit/enroll to the District school of choice.  All students residing within the Huntington Beach Union High School District may apply for enrollment in any District school during the Open Enrollment period. You do not need to apply if you wish for your student to attend the school of residence.


If you are interested in an intradistrict transfer, please contact your home school Guidance Office for more information.

For Incoming 9th grade families please note: Feeder (middle) school attendance does not determine high school attendance.  High school students are assigned to one of six comprehensive high schools based on their home address.

What is my home school of residence?

To determine your home school of residence, please enter your home address here: School Locator


If you have recently moved (recently defined as after March 2, 2022) into the HBUHSD boundaries, please contact your home high school to determine if you are eligible for an intra-district transfer to your school of choice: Home School Locator.

Questions? Please contact Educational Services 714-903-7000