Skip to main content

Huntington Beach Union High School District

Risk Management » Workers' Compensation

Workers' Compensation

If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.

All work related injuries should be reported to a supervisor immediately and a school nurse, if possible. If neither are available, report to a site administrator.

Below are some important notices about workers' compensation.

HBUHSD is self insured for workers' compensation. York Risk Services acts as our third party administrator.

In the event you sustain an injury or illness related to your employment, you may be treated for such injury/illness by your personal medical doctor (M.D) or doctor of osteopathic medicine (D.O.) or medical group if:

  • You have health care insurance for injuries/illness that are not work related, the doctor is your regular physician, who shall be either a physician who has limited his or her practice of medicine to general practice or who is a board-certified or board-eligible internist, pediatrician, obstetrician-gynecologist, or family practitioner, and has previously directed your medical treatment, and retains your medical records;
  • Your personal physician may be a medical group if it is a single corporation or partnership composed of licensed doctors of medicine or osteopathy, which operates an integrated multi-specialty medical group providing comprehensive medical services predominantly for non-occupational illnesses and injuries;
  • Prior to the injury your doctor agrees to treat you for work injuries or illnesses; prior to the injury you provided your employer the following in writing: (1) notice that you want your personal doctor to treat you for a work-related injury/illness, and (2) your personal doctors name and business address.

You may use the form below, a form provided HBUHSD, or provide all the information in writing to notify your employer if you wish to have your personal medical doctor or a doctor osteopathic medicine treat you for a work related injury/illness and the above requirements are met.

Standard Forms for Workers' Comp Claims

Google Form for Reporting of Workplace Injuries, Illnesses, and Incidents